My challenge submission this month is an altered frame I made. I had lots of fun and tried a new medium: molding paste. It was so much fun to use! I can see myself using it on lots of future projects! Here’s my finished project….
This frame started as a simple raw wood frame. The first thing I did was use some molding paste and a stencil to get those polka dots on the upper corner. I let that dry overnight. I can tell you that patience is NOT one of my strong suits! You can use a heat embosser to help it dry, but it’s prone to bubbling and that was not the look I was going for, so I had to wait and let it dry naturally.
The paste dries to a semi-opaque white and I thought I’d like to have a pink frame with white polka dots. I sprayed the frame with Black Cherry Glimmer Mist thinking the paste would resist the ink. It did, sorta. I love the tone on tone look that I ended up with! What a happy accident! The ink did bead up a bit on the paste, so I took a paper towel to dab it off. I also used Espresso Bean Glimmer Glam to cover the edges of the frame and give a bit of distressed color. The mist and glam turned out beautiful on the raw wood! I think it was the fastest and easiest way I’ve ever covered a frame!
I then stamped and embossed the Donna Salazar floral motif in the bottom corner. The white ink and embossing powder was just right to draw your eye to that bottom corner, and some handmade flowers gave it additional visual weight. The flowers were cut from Donna Salazar artistic paper, stamped with floral and text stamps, inked with inx and smooch spritz and finally glittered with fairy dust and chunky glass glitter.
A pink and white, romantic, floral frame….perfect for photos of your sweetheart!
Scrapping Frenzy Supplies:
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Black Cherry, Olive Vine
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam – Espresso Bean
- Donna Salazar Stamps – Cake Box Flowers, All My Love
- Donna Salazar Mix’d Media Inx – Jasmine, Chiffon, Honey
- Ranger – Glossy Accents
- Smooch Spritz – Cashmere, Ginger Ale, Green Olive
- Donna Salazar – Fairy Dust Pralines & Cream
- Smooch Paint – Lettuce
- Donna Salazar Artistic Papers – Garden Journal Cards, Blank Canvas
- Memento Stamp Pad – Rich Cocoa
- Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
- Tim Holtz Glassine Paper
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo
- American Crafts Thickers – Foam Maple
- Stampendous White Embossing Powder
- Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
- Scallop Circle Punch
- Golden Molding Paste
- Dot Stencil
- Clear Glass Glitter
- Spellbinders – Donna Salazar’s Fanciful Flight